Re: Strange filesystem type behavior in rawhide

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
I had a raid container defined and then deleted it. However, the former members of the container continue to show as 'ddf_raid_member' as the filesystem type.

I have deleted and recreated the partitions, formated them to ext3 and then ext4, all to no avail. They continue to show as 'ddf_raid_member' and wont't mount without -t ext4 provided. Once mounted they appear to be proper ext4 partitions.

In addition, tune2fs -U random doesn't change the UUID which, for one, continues to show as "Linux-MDM-^M--M->M-o" for the two partitions exhibiting this strange behavior.

Can anyone shed light on this?  selinux=0

If I understand what you did, you did not use mdadm to zero-superblock on the partitions. Try that, I suspect that is the problem. There are raid and dm lists where you can get people who might have other thoughts.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>