High CPU usage at idle

Yanko Kaneti yaneti at declera.com
Wed Jul 15 18:31:57 UTC 2009

> CPU usage at idle seems extremely high on current Rawhide:
>
> http://www.happyassassin.net/extras/cpu_usage_rawhide.png
>
> and that's on a Core 2 Quad (overclocked at 3.2GHz). Anyone any idea
> why? Do others see similar?

Try dbus-monitor to see what is flooding the bus? I've had something
similar few days back, and although I couldn't exactly decipher what
dbus-monitor was saying it hinted me to disable the mail notification
plugin for evolution. Haven't seen the cpu pegged since then. Don't
remember seeing any notifications either.