Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 14:21:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 10:35 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 08:13 +0000, Thomas Janssen wrote:
> > 2009/7/17 Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com>:
> > > The old semantics of ASSIGNED before the triage process was that the
> > > package maintainer looked at the bug, and agreed that he will be (or
> > > already is) working on it.
> >
> > It would be nice if there's a sign that the package maintainer had a
> > look at the bug at all, like VIEWED or whatever. Maybe automatically
> > set. Would give the reporter and triager a better feeling.
>
> Then we could use the ASSIGNED state for this meaning if triaged bugs
> were marked with the triaged keyword.

I don't think setting it automatically just based on the maintainer
having opened the bug at some point is a good idea. We could allow its
use for that purpose manually, though, sure. With my developer hat on I
probably wouldn't ever use it myself (it doesn't tell me anything
useful), but others have different attitudes of course :)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey