Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 14:24:04 UTC 2009

> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 09:06 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 16:41 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > And it's also just semantically wrong - the word 'assigned'
> > > does not mean 'triaged'.
> >
> > It can also be a bit annoying when there are multiple maintainers for a
> > package, and it gets "assigned" to the main maintainer. Personally I'd
> > prefer e.g. renaming "new" to "unconfirmed", and "assigned" to
> > "confirmed".
>
> That doesn't work either, though, for the same objection - it's not
> 'confirmed', it's triaged. We don't require reproduction as part of the
> triage process.

Well, now I think about it, we could have UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED, and
a 'Triaged' flag, as those two definitions are different; you can have a
bug that's been confirmed but not triaged, and vice versa. And that may
actually be useful information. Yay, complications!

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey