Bugzilla semantics: marking bugs as triaged

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 20:12:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 16:03 -0400, Christopher Beland wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 11:50 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > If, say, I'd seen an issue reported
> > twice but not yet with sufficient info, I might set it to CONFIRMED, but
> > it's not yet been triaged.
>
> What would have to happen is that the person setting "CONFIRMED" would
> mark the other bugs as duplicates, do whatever small remaining triage
> work there is to do, request the missing info and set the bug to
> CONFIRMED+NEEDINFO.
>
> This violates the "it's not finished being triaged if it's missing info
> from the reporter" rule, but I never really liked that rule, anyway.  8)

Unless you're setting the new Triaged flag, I don't see how it violates
that rule. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, we haven't even decided
what changes we want to *ask* for yet. We should probably discuss this
at the next meeting.

Bugs without sufficient information have not been triaged. Ensuring
sufficient information is present in the report is one of the most
important parts of triage.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey