WANTED: Fedora KDE QA Testers

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jul 22 12:48:16 UTC 2009

OK, to streamline the process a bit: Can those who are signing up as KDE
testers please (if not already done):
1. register for a Fedora account at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/new
2. click through the CLA (this allows you to edit the wiki and to request
membership in groups)
3. add yourself to the KDE SIG's member list:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE#Participants
4. read https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join carefully – your primary task
as KDE testers will most likely be "Testing official updates before they are
released", but we'll also want "Reporting bugs in Fedora releases",
"NeedsRetesting", "Testing Fedora pre-releases" and "Testing Rawhide" from
time to time. "Joining Test Days" can be interesting too if there's a KDE
test day or to test e.g. new video drivers with KDE. "Creating test cases"
is for the ambitious folks, it's really hard to make good test cases for a
desktop environment and it also requires at least a minimum of technical
writing skills; I'd suggest focusing on the actual testing for now.
"Triaging and managing bugs" is already taken care of by SMParrish
(tuxbrewr). And finally, "Developing tools" is something for the developer
types within QA, we don't expect KDE testers to participate in that. :-)
5. post a short self-introduction to the fedora-test-list (also accessible
through NNTP and HTTP at gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers) so the QA folks
know who you are and what you're going to do. (At least your real name, your
Fedora account name and your intention to do KDE testing should be there.)
6. request membership in the qa group at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

That ensures you're listed as KDE SIG and QA group members and that people
know who you are.

        Kevin Kofler