3G-device for fedora 11?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 21:52:26 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 07:22 +0200, Joerg Bergmann wrote:

> Am 17.07.2009 15:15, schrieb David Timms:
> > On 07/17/2009 08:24 PM, Joerg Bergmann wrote:
> >> I want to make my thinkpad T40 G3-enabled. It has a
> >> CardBus slot, USB is available too. Any suggestion for
> >> a fedora 11-friendly device? HSDPA/HSUPA should be possible.
> > The couple of different ones I'v tried have pretty well just worked with
> > network manager (Mobile Broadband|add).
> > Eg: who are we (Huawei).
> >
> So now my question again: I have testet a Novatel MC950D
> (vendor ID 4400, product ID 5010) and a Huawei E220/E270
> (vendor ID 12d1, product ID 1003), checking Network Manager
> as well as the vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux
> GUI, and nothing of them worked in Fedora 11. So which
> device (product ID please) do you suggest???

I suggest instead of buying another device that you get help to figure
out why these aren't working. Then maybe we will be able to help others
with the same problem.

I would suggest you file a bug report or NetworkManager, or contact the
maintainer on IRC directly - his nick is dcbw (he is Dan Williams). He
is very enthusiastic to get as much 3G hardware as possible working with
NM, and will be very interested in your situation.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey