test days live image creation guide

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 10:25:51 UTC 2009

----- "Rob Healey" <robhealey1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Hello. I am more than available and ready to help out, but something has gone wrong somewhere for me. I followed your guide down to the exact letter for letter, so that I would not make mistakes of my own. Here is what I received on my screen...
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 140, in <module>
> sys.exit(main())
> File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 122, in main
> creator.mount(options.base_on, options.cachedir)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line 524, in mount
> self.__create_selinuxfs()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line 456, in __create_selinuxfs
> for (file, value) in files + self.__getbooleans():
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line 438, in __getbooleans
> for i in selinux.security_get_boolean_names()[1]:
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> [root at donkeyandshrek testday]#
>

> Can you help me debug it, so thay I can see what went wrong?

Seems to me to be some sort of problem with SELinux. Maybe it's blocking access to some files.
You can try to switch it to permissive mode. Or have you uninstalled it?

Another way is to edit the fedora-livecd-testday.ks and after %include line add a directive
selinux --permissive
or
selinux --disabled
not to use SELinux on livecd. You will see if that helps.

I will try to look at it, but today I'm leaving on a holiday for a week, so only after that.