A Modest Suggestion to make SElinux usable.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 1 22:26:10 UTC 2009

On 06/02/2009 03:37 AM, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> If the best thing to do is to report a bug in bugzilla, maybe that's
> what the button should do.  Anaconda's auto-reporter is a pretty swell
> idea.
>
> A suitable filter in the way would probably be needed to keep the load
> down on bugzilla.

Right. This seems a sensible thing to do. I am not fond of too many
security alerts. It desensitizes users to ignore it as a mere nuisance.
Fortunately I rarely get SELinux alerts on my systems with recent
releases. So this problems seems to be more under control now. I
suggested earlier a smolt type opt in method to collect the AVC messages
and process them server side to proactively figure out and resolve bugs.
That was deemed not feasible but simple automatic bug reporting similar
to Anaconda seems a nice feature. Would anyone file a RFE on this?

Rahul