Fedora 11 updates-testing

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Fri Jun 5 01:40:01 UTC 2009

> On 06/05/2009 06:00 AM, Rob Healey wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > Is it always true that the updates are reserved for a specific time
> > before I can download them?  I get the fact that there are new ones long
> > before I can download them?
>
> Updates hit the Koji build system first. http://koji.fedoraproject.org.
> The maintainer of the package decides whether to push to updates-testing
> and if so how long it stays there or to push to updates repository
> directly.
>
> The norm is to push to updates-testing, wait for a week and then push to
> updates repo but there are reasons to bypass this process including for
> example, critical security fixes.

I *think* what the OP is stating, is that he see's the email about
updates, but doesn't seem to be able to download them soon after.

And to answer, that depends on if your using a mirror or directly from
Fedora's servers themselves.  But they have to be built first (or are
they built *then* the email is sent?) and then time to get out to the
mirrors.  Maybe someone in the know can give a quick explanation on how
that all lays out and answer your question better.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org