Checking isos with sha - small wrinkle

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:39:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 11:57:41AM -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Mike Cloaked wrote:
> > In the file README-BURNING-ISOS-en_US.txt that is currently being
> > synced to mirrors it still refers to sha1sum.
>
> That's as I would expect, since that advice applies to the current
> stable release.  Hopefully the docs team has an update queued to note
> the use of sha256sum when F-11 is released.

Todd, thanks for sending this on to the fedora-docs-list.  We try and
keep abreast of the moderation queue but I hadn't done that myself in
a while.  Just let it through this morning.

A hint for people who want to be able to do cross-team posting:

* Sign up for as many email lists as you can.

* Set all of the lists you don't want to receive to "No mail."

Now you can post where you need to, to facilitate cross-team work, but
you don't have to receive, read, or delete additional mountains of
mail.