How to administer Fedora via VNC connection

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Jun 12 17:04:12 UTC 2009

I have two VNC sessions set up - one for my caf
account and one for root, both passworded of
course.

Unfortunately somtthing in Fedora prevents me
from doing system mx tasks such as add/remove
software and getting disk drive health reports.

How can I enable effective system admin via VNC,
at least on my local subnet?  I want to do most
of my system admin tasks from my comfortable office,
not the cold dark noisy basement where the Fedora
server sits.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665