Re: ext4 disaster

Bill McGonigle wrote:
On 06/12/2009 07:27 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
So you suggest use rescue cd, chroot. Then, exactly what is needed? Simply mkinitrd? Why would it work when run manually, but not when anaconda set it
up?

Did you re-format when you re-installed?

If not, does your fstab say 'ext4' or 'ext3'? That's where mkinitrd gets its marching orders. IIRC, without extents you can mount ext4 as ext3.

-Bill

As I recall, I think F11 is set up to use only ext3 on /boot. Something about anaconda or the kernel not accepting ext4 - yet. Check the documentation on this point.