F11 + mactel = ~\_fail_/~

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sat Jun 13 23:06:01 UTC 2009

Hey all,

So I've had no luck getting F11 installed on my intel iMac.
I've tried a few things.

    o livecd-iso-to-disk.sh --mactel

        Doesn't even appear in the boot menu as an EFI bootable device.

    o dd'ing the efidisk.img to my USB key

        Showed up as an EFI device in the boot menu.
        GRUB appears, but never disappears when I click on a kernel.

    o boot.iso on CD

        i386 disk drops me to a black screen with a blinking cursor.
        x86_64 disk drops me to GRUB, but that's as far as it'll go
        (same symptom as the efidisk + USB).

Any suggestions?

luke