Re: Install Test plan for Fedora 12, any feedback would be welcome

Thanks for taking the time to breath some life into the installation
test plan!  I've done a few minor wiki changes to the page, and added
some comments below.

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 15:10 +0800, Liam wrote:
> Greetings,
>    We have a draft of test plan for Fedora 12. This test plan will be
> used to  verify installation of Fedora 12 on different hardware
> platforms and gather installation test feedback. We have had some new
> features in this test plan for Fedora 12,but  some new features are
> still under discussion and unavailable till now.In this test plan, we
> try to cover things(such as: schedule,test
> criteria,scope,approach,priority,etc...) related to testing activities,
> but if something missed or inappropriate,please feel free to comment or
> give feedback.
> We are looking forward to your feedback such as:
> 1. Things are not clear in the plan
> 2. Items which don't make sense
> 3. Items which missed in plan

I don't think all of the installer features having been proposed yet.
However, one change that might be worth considering is
It's not an official feature yet, and it may be that the cases already
outlined will cover testing of this change.  But something to consider.

> 4. Items  which need more information

I really like the 'test priority' section!  This has been missing from
test plan *and* the test results template.  Would it make more sense to
just list in the test plan (fewer changes in case re-prioritization is

Also on 'test priority', I'm trying to think of a way to provide more
detail for the items listed.  For example, "Common Boot Media" ... but
we don't provide some examples for what common is.  Without having to
explicitly list *all* the test cases, would it make sense to leverage
wiki categories for this?  Perhaps categorizing relevant test cases with
something like:

 * [[Category:Installer_Fedora12_Tier1]]
 * [[Category:Installer_Fedora12_Tier2]]
 * [[Category:Installer_Fedora12_Tier3]]

Perhaps there is something simpler or more straight forward?

> 5. Anything you want to suggest or comment

Perhaps the page should be moved to QA:Fedora_12_Install_Test_Plan