Re: fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 64, Issue 42

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote, On 06/13/2009 03:47 PM:
Don't reply to digests.

poc

A slightly nicer suggestion...
Chuck could change his subscription so he gets MIME digests, and if he then opens the appropriate attached email he wants to respond to, and hits reply it will (at least with Thunderbird) reply just as if he had gotten a normal message.

When I have done the above the emails even thread back in correctly[1].

Lars Ellenberg helped me find the following link:
http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+2.1+Members+Manual#Mailman2.1MembersManual-8.2WhatareMIMEandPlainTextDigests%3FHowdoIchangewhichoneIget%3F%28digestoption%29

note if you can only use email to manipulate the mailman interface use:
Send a mail to LISTNAME-request DOMAIN with the command
set digest mime

[1] these were done from digests by the above method:
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-August/010008.html
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2008-August/010118.html
click the [thread] button to see.
or