In Blighty

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 23:58:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 15:20 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> What ho, chaps - just dashing off a little missive to inform the list
> that I shall be in jolly old England from tomorrow until July 14th. I
> shall still be around and working as normal most of that time, but
> obviously keeping slightly different hours.
>
> Tally ho!

To do a quick round-up of everyone's jokes: my dirty secret is that I
am, in fact, English. Recoil in horror all you like, it's true - I only
moved to Canada in 2004.

Even more frighteningly, I did my degree at an institution where there
actually are still people who talk like that. Unironically. Not many of
them any more, but still!

I don't drive, and there's sod all to do at Land's End or John o'
Groats, so that one's out. I am going to Wales tomorrow, though.

I have once celebrated St. George's Day. On a boat, on a river, with a
large quantity of beer involved. I have a picture of the son of a rather
famous author, in said boat, after consuming a significant proportion of
said beer, waving the flag of St. George and looking mighty heroic. And
the boat didn't even capsize. Ah, that one was fun.

I'm in Manchester now ("there's a high pressure system coming through,
so there's a chance of showers," said the flight attendant as we were
landing - this is Manchester, I thought, there's never not a chance of
showers. There's a chance of showers when you're _indoors_), and heading
to Wales for a couple of days tomorrow. I'll try and make it to the
BugZappers and QA meetings, but please don't hate me too much if I
don't :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey