Draft of Install Test SOP, Could you help to find some problems?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 20:25:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 10:45 +0800, Liam wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>       This is a draft (standard operating procedure) for Fedora Install
> test.This document involves process or steps by which QA organize
> install test in community. The purpose of SOP is to make QA's
> responsibilities transparent,so anyone can join + lead + contribute in
> this test in the near future.
>       This page is only a draft now,need your suggestions and
> corrections,do you have some comments?
>       The page of draft at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liam/Draft_Install_Test_SOP

Nice!  I think this starts to capture a fair amount of the steps
involved when attempting to organize collaborative testing against an
upcoming milestone (e.g. Alpha, Beta).

      * I've slightly reworded the introduction and moved it above the
        table of contents.  Hopefully this doesn't dilute the message
        you were trying to convey, just let me know.
      * Perhaps unintentional, the install test dates should be prior to
        the official milestone release.  The testing efforts described
        in this process are intended to provide data for a GO / NO_GO
        release decision.  But you bring up a good point about
        collecting results *after* the milestone has been released.
        Perhaps we need to spell that out.  I don't have any good
        suggestions at the moment, I will contemplate a bit ...

Some other minor suggestions I might offer:
      * Perhaps similar to the comment Adam Williamson had regarding the
        use of spacing around question mark '?' in the Xorg Debugging
        document.  Make sure to follow each period '.' with two spaces,
        and each comma ',' with a single space.
      * When linking to other pages on the wiki, try to use the
        [[PageName]] syntax.
      * FYI ... I've gone ahead and added this to the category
        [[Category:QA SOPs]]

Thanks,
James