Re: How to enable kernel mode setting with Intel onboard graphics

John Summerfield wrote:

modinfo intelfb

I like 1280x1024. so in /etc/modprobe.conf I have this:

options intelfb mode=1280x1024 70

Sometimes, something upsets the console and it goes all distorted so I have to do this too:
fbset -a 1280x1024-70

Valid arguments are listed in /etc/fbset

Note, I think that that graphical boot console is all very nice, but not on my computers. I turn it off, and remove quiet too: if something goes wrong, I want to know about it first time.

I think there's some magic to get the module into the initrd too, after this is set up. Look at the mkinitrd script for clues.

-- spambait
-- Advice

You cannot reply off-list:-)