Introduction emails (was Re: BugZappers Meeting Recap for 2009-03-03)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 5 22:59:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 14:50 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 07:52:43PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
>
> >> Third, it makes our job easier because then we know who to approve for
> >> 'fedorabugs' vs. every single notification we get.  It is my
> >> understanding that packagers get 'fedorabugs' too, but I'm not sure how
> >> it is granted or requested.
> >
> > I asked the admins:
> >
> > [05 Mar 10:53] <stickster> Question for anyone... 'fedorabugs' group
> > membership is, I believe, implied by 'packager' group membership --
> > how does that work exactly?
> > [05 Mar 10:53] <stickster> By which I mean, does FAS have an
> > understanding of group membership dependencies?
> > [05 Mar 10:55] <mmcgrath> stickster: implied?
> > [05 Mar 10:55] <mmcgrath> packager might require fedorabugs.
> > [05 Mar 10:55] <mmcgrath> it'd just mean someone has to be in
> > fedorabugs before they can be in packager.
> > [05 Mar 10:55] <nirik> I thought packager automagically added
> > fedorabugs now.
> > [05 Mar 10:55] <nirik> but I don't know how it does that.
> > [05 Mar 10:56] <stickster> nirik: Yeah, that's what I was looking for
> > but didn't say it very well. I'm trying to find out if, when someone
> > is added to 'packager', they are automatically added to 'fedorabugs'.
> > [05 Mar 10:56] <nirik> yes, I think that is the case. ;)
> > [05 Mar 10:57] <mmcgrath> if it does that, not even I know how that
> > mechanism works :)

> So this means any notification we get for people requesting 'fedorabugs'
> are by default people wanting to be triagers?

Well, not necessarily - doesn't cover cases like Susan Lauber, who just
needed the power to handle bugs relating to her area of work (the Docs
project). But when things like that happen, they should be handled,
because the person who tells them to apply should either have power to
approve them, or should contact us to let us know...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey