Re: Interesting comments

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 12:01 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

There is much to learn in Linux, way more than we had in the 80s, and I would expect triagers to choose areas of interest, to be assigned someone to mentor them and stay within their area.

We do currently work on the basis of having triagers pick a component to
specialize in. Individual mentoring isn't currently possible due to the
small number of experienced triagers, but we do try and do group
mentoring.

Could package maintainers step in? It's to their long-term benefit, and I can imagine a new inexperienced triager really appreciating the chance to work with them, especially if the maintainer's a Name.

Mentors should, I think, be encouraged to ask, "Why?" rather than assert "that's wrong."

Why do you think that?
Have you considered...?

--

Cheers