When will Fedora work again?

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:47:08 UTC 2009

2009/3/10 Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 03:29:50 +0100 Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> And how's that relevant for the suggestion to buy ONE such card?
>
> Besides that all the thread started with the subject "When will Fedora
> work again?", a sort of "provocation" after all the given explanations
>
> At the beginning the reason of the problem reported was indeed:
>
>> F10 didn't work on my hardware. It looks like F11 won't either. In fact F9 only worked when I turned RHGB off.
>> This is due to a problem with X and support for my (fairly standard) video hardware (Intel D845GERG2 on-board controller....
>
> So I assumed that the problem was with intel integrated card and that
> no other graphic card was involved and/or inserted inside the mobo
> (actually there are three... ;-) ....
>
> --

I confirm that rawhide is working here with intel integrated card on
my laptop after this morning updates (mobile GM965/GM960 integrated
graphic controller)...be careful during updates and have at hand a
bunch of working packages so you may revert in case of  failures.

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag