Bugzappers Wiki redesign (was Re: BugZappers Meeting Recap for 2009-03-03)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 20:52:20 UTC 2009

> I think both Chris's and tk009's drafts are good and definite
> improvements on what we have already. I think they both have elements
> where they're better than the other. I'll try and spend some time
> tomorrow to come up with a draft of my own that combines the two. Then
> we should pick one of the drafts as our preferred new front page, and go
> ahead with re-organizing and re-writing the rest of the Wiki content as
> dictated by the chosen front page design.

OK - here's my draft:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_Bugzappers

I agreed with most who've responded in that I mostly preferred tk009's
page, so it's mostly based on that, but with some changes.

I do think the front page should link to other important pages, just so
*we* know where the hell they are as much as anything. So I added the
'Tools and Procedures' section, which is mostly copied / pasted from
Chris' page. It should be shorter and link to better pages, which we are
going to have to write. :)

The Tools page is pretty much fine. The Components / Triagers page we've
been discussing is also fine, as is the standard responses page. We can
probably have a separate Goals page. All those can be linked from this
section, once they're properly done.

There's other stuff I think we should have. I've done some of it before,
so I'm not going to reinvent it. For Mandriva I wrote a bug cycle
policy:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Bug_policy

and a triage guide:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Projects/Bugs/Triage_guide

which I think are honestly pretty good, and better than what we have
already for this group. I'd propose that we adapt them as necessary and
use them for our group - or at least write something along similar
lines.

What do people think of my draft, and the plan?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey