Grub not obeying conf

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 04:09:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Petrus de Calguarium
<kwhiskerz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a freshly installed x86_64 f11alpha system.
>
> There is a small glitch in grub that I cannot figure out.
>
> The grub.conf says hidden and timeout=5, but the menu is NEVER hidden (not
> even on the very first boot after installation from DVD), and the timeout
> doesn't work (nothing happens EVER, unless I hit return).

This is interesting: I have one computer (x86_64) on which it is
honored, and another one (i586) on which it is not.

I'll try and investigate a bit more, but in the meantime, if you could
post a bug report, be sure to follow-up here and I'll Cc: myself.

Regards,

--
miʃel salim  •  http://hircus.jaiku.com/
IUCS         •  msalim at cs.indiana.edu