SysRq and Wedged Linux

I've tried every SysRq combination I can think of and none of
them seem to do anything.  It doesn't seem to be compiled in.

I installed a 2.6.29 kernel from Rawhide on my fc10 system.
It seems to be running fine.

More to the point, I did a complete backup of  /u /y and /var
under the -29 kernel and it didn't get wedged.  At this point I
have a 70 per cent confidence the problem is fixed.

I watched top while the backup was in progress, as I had with the
older kernel.  I get the impression the new kernel is more careful
with the memory allocation of buffers, but this is just a hunch.

It seems to me that FC11 will be a good release of Linux
modulo a few niggling  problems (i.e., install crashing,
audio, video).

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665