mplayer from svn fails to compile

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Wed Mar 18 09:20:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 09:28:10AM -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Dear fellow rawhiders,
>
> I know that compiling mplayer from source is *not recommended*
> when one runs rpm based system and we can easily get it from
> rpmfusion and all those arguments.  I use rpmfusion to install
> xine, mplayer and vlc on some of my systems, but on rawhide
> I somewhat prefer to compile from source.  I am encountering
> an error:
>
> In file included from liba52/imdct.c:729:
> liba52/imdct_3dnow.h: In function 'T.65':
> liba52/imdct_3dnow.h:289: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
[...]

Did you set your own CFLAGS? What was the ./configure line that you
used? Errors like the one above usually mean it's either a bug in gcc
or you used CFLAGS other than recommended by MPlayer developers.

Regards,

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling