Noveau?

How do I get Noveau to run?  The discussion I can find suggests it
installs automagically.  I can't find any obvious indication of
which X server is running.

Except that it isn't the proprietary Nvidia server.  The
fan still roars.  Desktop effects can't be enabled.

Running a 9600gt pci/e on Intel Core Duo 8500.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665