Fonts going funky in GTK apps

Gireesh sgireeshmail at gmail.com
Tue May 5 01:41:03 UTC 2009

On my Compaq 3245 laptop[1],

1. It has happened multiple times with NVIDIA 6150 graphics -
reproducible if I work on KDE continuously for more than 3 to 4 hours.
2. It does happen to me even with only KDE Apps running - but I could
have opened Firefox/OO hours before it happened. I am certain no GTK
app was running when it happened though.
3. It does *not* occur if I disable KDE's desktop effects. I have run
the laptop for days without the blotting, for lack of a better word
;-)
4. Logout and Relogin fixed it temporarily but it came back as long as
Desktop effects were enabled.

> If anyone can come up with, say, a specific web page that introduces
> this corruption every time, I'd be _thrilled_.

Atleast for me, it is unpredictable and at times takes even 4 to 5
hours before blotting starts.

[1]  http://www.smolts.org/show?uuid=pub_89861767-6567-4528-bfb5-3d5a02538aeb

--
Gireesh