Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda :(

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue May 5 13:40:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 14:59:07 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:

> However after I updated the machine after the upgrade and rebooted, grub
> was messed up for some reason
> and I was left with just "GRUB" on the screen which leaves me a bit
> worried I fixed it by rescue booting and reinstall grub
> but that is something that a novice end user certainly is unable to
> perform or do..

I have been seeing that to, but haven't figured out what has been triggering
it. Do you use raid for /boot?

By the way you don't need to reboot in rescue mode to fix this.
You can use the configfile command to indicate where your configfile
is located and then boot from one of the menu items. Something like:
configfile (hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf
Then once the system is up as root you can run grub and redo the setup
with something like the following (for a raid 1 system):
root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
setup (hd1)