copy paste problem.

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue May 5 21:06:18 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/05/2009 01:22 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Middle mouse button paste has worked for me since F7 or so under Gnome
>> with or without the "source" window being open.  It even works under
>> Synergy (cut from one machine, paste in another).  If it's not so in
>> F11, then yeah, I'd say it's broken.
>
> Can you file a bug report, then?

Er, I'm not the OP, just commenting on other peoples' experiences.
Sorry, Rahul.  Probably shouldn't have stuck my oar in.

However, I may have run into something similar.  VERY rarely when using
gnome-terminals, middle-mouse-button pastes don't work--even with both
the source and destination windows open.  A CTRL-V to paste works.  If
I do a "reset" in the destination gnome-terminal, it works again.

Like I said, that's really rare.  I think I've seen it twice in almost
a year, and that may have been caused by the cat stomping on some key
sequence that gronked it (my cat seems to like my keyboard...probably
chasing the mouse around).
-            I'm afraid my karma just ran over your dogma            -