linux askmethod... how?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 7 00:27:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 10:30:03PM +0100, Cannon, Andrew C wrote:

> Okay, this is a very simple question, with probably a very simple answer, but I
> cannot for the life of me work out how to put in the alternative method 'linux
> askmethod' at the grub screen.

Where it says hit the tab key for options (or something like that,
anyway, it says hit the tab key) just type askmethod (without the word
linux) at the end of the kernel line.  (Which is where you'll be put
after hitting said tab key.)

This holds for all options, such as selinux=whatever, reiserfs (hrrm, is
that still necessary?), etc.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with dead boy on this one.
Angel: Could you not call me that?