media key behavior?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu May 7 18:19:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, 07 May 2009 10:29:53 -0700
Adam Williamson wrote:

> AFAIK it shouldn't be, no, it gets auto-detected...HAL has quirks for
> some laptop keyboards, otherwise it's in some other component, I forget
> which.

It is definitely getting confusing. I notice that "lsusb" doesn't
even show the keyboard (at least on one of the systems), so it is
possible the bios may be pretending it is a PS/2 keyboard.

Another system has a keyboard definition in the xorg.conf file
which says it was generated by rhpxl, so that one may indeed
have xorg overriding any autodetected keyboard.

Its too confusing to even decide if there is a bug :-).