Keyboard does not work with Grub menu - How widespread?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon May 11 09:48:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 22:19 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> I sometimes have this problem too, but I can't remember the specific
> details. I think most of these can't-get-grub-to-see-my-keyboard
> experiences are related to the less expensive genre of motherboards. One
> of my wife's very nice looking, fancy Dell USB keyboards doesn't
> function at all and it took me a long time to realize that. It got a few
> hard knocks too many while traveling with us. My USD $15 Logitech USB
> keyboard works great. An even cheaper $10 Inland brand USB keyboard also
> worked wonderfully until I left it in my car one freezing cold night. So
> if at first your keyboard don't work, try a second keyboard which is
> known-good.

I have an MS wireless desktop (usb controller, wireless keyboard/mouse)
and from grub on everything is recognized.  But like others, the
keyboard isn't during BIOS.  I have to use a ps/2 keyboard if I need to
access it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org