Re: newbie guide to asterisk on f11?

On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:52:16 -0400 (EDT)
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   is this making any sense?

Definitely. However, I have gotten into the habit after
encountering the same sort of thing many times of using
yum search or a gui tool like yumex to search for all
things asterisk (or whatever I'm interested in) and
I just install all packages that seem vaguely related
in the descriptions :-).

Usually makes for less surprise.

I notice one thing that some packages do is create a
dummy package with the base name of the product and
make it depend on all the other packages, but I've
never been able to deduce the rules for that - I suspect
personal whim of the packagers.