newbie guide to asterisk on f11?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 13 02:55:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 09:28:06 -0500,
  Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn.com> wrote:

> I imagine that when F11 goes golden, and if it does include the 1.6.1
> version of Asterisk, it will include all of the necessary packages, or
> will 'depend' on them.
>
> My guess is that so much time is being spent on sorting out other Fedora
> problems, Asterisk will be whipped into shape at the last moment,
> perhaps with a regress to an earlier version.

Not to mention if you happen to have Digium hardware, the ATRPMs guys
haven't been building zaptel or (whatever the new trademark avoiding name is)
kmods yet (as of a couple of days ago) and you can't use it with F11.
(I am not buying another piece of Digium hardware until they upstream their
kernel driver or someone else forks and upstreams it.)