2009-05-13 - Fedora QA Meeting Recap

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed May 13 19:32:07 UTC 2009

Full IRC transcript available at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20090513

= Attendees =

* Jesse Keating (f13)
* Adam Williamson (adamw)
* Jóhann Guðmundsson (viking_ice)
* Will Woods (wwoods)
* James Laska (jlaska)
* John Poelstra (poelcat)
* Kevin Fenzi (nirik)

= Previous meeting follow-up =

* [wwoods] - write a few more upgrade cases (encrypted root upgrade)
*: Been doing a lot of upgrades this past week, but haven't documented
them yet.

* [adamw] - update [[BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow]] wiki page to include
MODIFED->CLOSE process for rawhide bugs during freeze
*: Completed ... see announcement
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-May/msg01034.html

= Autoqa update =

* Project page - http://autoqa.fedorahosted.org

No updates this week.  Wwoods noted that most time was spent testing
blocker bugs.

= F-11 Test Day Feedback =

As we approach our final F11 Test Day, an idea was raised by
[[User:Robertmwilliams]] about how best to solicit feedback.  Several
ideas were raised including, mailing list blast, blog, formal survey.
Under the ''Keep It Simple Silly'' model, adamw recommended an email
blast to fedora-test-list@ while bcc'ing maintainers involved with F11
test day.  Jlaska took an action item to follow up next week.

= F-11-GA Prep =

* Blocker bugs (by component) - http://tinyurl.com/qzjey2
* Schedule - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/Schedule
** Blocker Bug review hosted by jkeating on May 11, and May 12 - 35 OPEN
blocker bugs (down from the ~78 or so on Sunday) ... so the blocker bug
meetings were effective at reducing number of the blocker bugs
** An additional blocker bug meeting will be hosted next Monday, May 18,
2009 ... stay tuned for announcement.

While discussing blocker bug meeting, f13 noted the timing was not
ideal.  Some discussion took place around the best timing, and poelcat
will update the Fedora 12 schedule with proposed bug review times for
review.

= How's my driving? =

Suggestions for improving the weekly QA meeting.  Are there topics you'd
like to see more, or less, of in these meetings.  Is the timing
appropriate?

No suggestions were offered.

= Open discussion =

== iBus Test Day ==

adamw reminded us about the scheduled iBus test day tomorrow (May 14th,
2009).
* Announcement sent by lili -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-May/msg00444.html
* Blog article posted by adamw -
http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/05/12/ibus-test-day-on-thursday

== QA Needs to know - What is Fedora? ==

viking_ice asked ... I would like QA to pressure the board ( or whomever
is on top of the food chain ) to decide if we are targeting aunt flu or
not to get that in the clear once and for all and work can be started by
the community to either better support aunt flu or not! I'm a bit
worried when things are being run with this gray aria attitude we end up
with an "FDS" incident on our hands

* f13 noted the board has been trying to determine "What is Fedora"
* stickster+adamw directed folks to Board meeting minutes at
[[Board/Meetings/2009-04-29#What_is_Fedora.3F]],
[[Board/Meetings/2009-04-22#What_is_Fedora.3F]]

The team discussed whether an official statement was needed from the
Fedora QA team.  The consensus was no official interaction was needed,
but noted that high-level guidance would improve focus around
prioritizing test efforts, blocker bug review, and release criteria.
Current efforts cast a very wide net, which may not be in line with the
overall goals of the Fedora project.

== libfprintd patch ==

wwoods raised awareness of an fprintd bug affecting fingerprint readers
on several laptop configurations (including those used by wwoods and
jlaska).  Wwoods asked for team review whether this bug was a blocker or
a day-0 worthy.  Consensus was to request a release note for the bug and
line up for day-0.  f13 noted that he would accept this request as it
may impact the F11 Fingerprint reader feature.

* [[rhbug:500460|500460]] - libfprint fails to read commands from SGS
Thomson reader (ThinkPad T43)

== F-12 Alpha status ==

Viking_ice asked for a status update on the Fedora 12 Alpha decision.
f13 directed folks to the meeting summary
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-May/msg00581.html

== Autoqa Deps Checking? ==

Josh Boyer asked for more information on autoqa deps checking.  Wwoods
and f13 noted that deps checking after the repo udpates is planned for
autoqa.  Wwoods noted these tests are intended to be informational (non
blocking) tests.

= Upcoming QA events =

* 2009-05-14 - [[Test Day:2009-05-14 iBus|iBus Test Day]]
* 2009-05-19 - [[BugZappers/Triage_days]]

= Action items =

# [adamw] - to file a ticket to get bodhi fixed
# [adamw] - ask bugzilla guys to add a link from the bugzilla fields
description page to the wiki page, for fedora
# [jlaska] - Send informal test day feedback survey to fedora-test-list
and test day participants
# [poelcat] - Propose updated F12 schedule with blocker bug dates