yum remove half-of-my-system

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu May 14 06:51:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Adam Jackson wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 11:08 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 14:03 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with  this except then we have to put rpmq-crontab in a separate
>>> pkg which would need to be added to comps base, I think.
>>
>> Or we question the usefulness of the cron job itself and potentially
>> scrub it all together.
>
> IAWTP.

Tell that to the people whose rpmdb got destroyed somehow (I remember
doing an accidental 'rm -f /var/lib/rpm/*' myself a few years ago...) and
managed to resurrect the system by using the data in /var/log/rpmpkgs :)

The data created by the cronjob is certainly useful, but I agree having
rpm *require* cronjob and logrotate is silly (see #248629). I'll split the
cron bits into a separate subpackage, no big deal.

 	- Panu -