Anaconda for F11 does not provide setting screen resolution for installation

Allen Kistler an037-ooai8 at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 18:19:14 UTC 2009

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> Given that  "go live" is around the corner but, ....  in doing a second Beta11 installation on a second system I ran into readability problems.
>
> I have trouble reading the installation wording and need to use a magnifying glass. My trinitron crt monitor can support very high resolution (1900 by xxxx) , which anaconda choses to use. This resolution is way too fine for my eyes. At least put an upper limit of 1600x2000 as a resolution for the installation. Better, let me chose the installation resolution so that I have no eyestrain.  I believe that was done for F10, and for other alternate distributions

Supposedly you should be able to set the resolution with the
"resolution=<mode>" option to anaconda.  For example,

resolution=1024x768
or
resolution=800x600

I haven't gotten it to work in F11.  There used to be a special case
option, lowres, which was equivalent to "resolution=640x480" (and also
didn't work), but after I pointed out elsewhere that it even existed, it
showed up in the anaconda change log as "removed lowres option."

Anyway, try the resolution option and see if it works for you.