every so often, screen just goes black

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue May 19 02:56:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 17:24 +0200, Axel wrote:
> Le 18/05/2009 16:51, Chuck Anderson a écrit :
> > the screen goes black.  no, it's not the screensaver

> This happens 2 or 3 times a day, with a nvidia gpu, using proprietary
> driver and a Hyundai W220D (plugged on the DVI connector) monitor.

I'm seeing the same thing on a Dell Inspiron 9300 running the nvidia
driver.  It might happen once a day.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV41.8 [GeForce Go
6800] (rev a2)

Screen goes blank (like the screensaver is turning on, but I'm typing at
the time) and then comes back up again.

Weird!

R.