every so often, screen just goes black

Richard Körber fedora at ml.shredzone.de
Tue May 19 08:03:21 UTC 2009

Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> Screen goes blank (like the screensaver is turning on, but I'm typing at
> the time) and then comes back up again.

Same here on a notebook with Intel graphics.

I also noticed that up to F10, a frame rate of 50 Hz was offered and set
for the notebook display. On F11, there is no 50 Hz setting, and the
display is set to 65 Hz (if I remember correctly, I don't have the
notebook here right now).

Maybe the frame rate slightly exceeds the upper limit of the display's
specifications, and the display blanks for a short moment because of that?

--
Richard