python-3.1

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu May 21 09:13:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Gireesh wrote:

>       I am not certain of the release schedule for python, but is this a
>       possibility for F11?  Or possibly F12?
>
>       Sincerely,
>       Rob G. Healey
>

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.6
>
> This is for F11. I believe feature list of F12 is yet to be finalized.

  for the purposes of testing python-3.1, i downloaded and built from
the Python-3.1b1.tar.bz2 tarball, and installed (by default) in
/usr/local/bin and it seems to co-exist nicely next to the standard
2.6.

  the only build issue was that i wanted tkinter and it wasn't located
during the configure step -- i'm assuming the already-installed
tkinter-2.6 is not sufficient, so if someone wants to suggest how to
get tkinter in there (probably from newer tarball, i'm guessing), that
would be useful.  thanks.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday