Shouldn't the fact that beagle doesn't work with both firefox and thunderbird be a release blocker?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri May 22 14:11:18 UTC 2009

On 05/22/2009 01:59 PM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> On 05/22/2009 09:56 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> Since this is not part of the "default install" it should not be
>> considered
>> a blocker bug.
> It seems to me that the fact that Fedora does not have a desktop
> search engine included in its default install could itself be
> considered a significant enough functionality gap to constitute a bug.

It's not up to QA team(s) to decide what is and what's not included in
the default install.

You might wanna ask that question in the relevant Fedora *DE mailing
list to find out why
they choose not to include a desktop search engine in the default install
( fedora-desktop for Gnome users fedora-kde for KDE users etc.. )

JBG