Volume applet for gnome?

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Sun May 24 17:30:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Reid Rivenburgh <reidr at pobox.com> wrote:
> Another potential problem I have is this:
>
> % rpm -qa | grep fc10 | wc -l
> 136
>
> Here are a few random examples:
>
> yum-plugin-upgrade-helper-1.1.22-1.fc10.noarch
> qt-4.5.1-10.fc10.i386
> krusader-2.0.0-1.fc10.x86_64
> kdeutils-4.2.3-1.fc10.x86_64
>
> I upgraded using preupgrade.  Is it normal to still have that many
> fc10 rpms installed?  Maybe having some third party packages like
> picasa caused this?  I checked a few cases by hand, and sometimes I
> have both fc10 and fc11 rpms installed (but otherwise identical).
> Whatever the cause, I'm afraid that could cause some strange behavior.

Since I mentioned this, more info....  After upgrading, I couldn't
even use yum until I manually installed the fc11 version.  Until I did
a "yum clean", it wasn't updating many packages.  After cleaning, it
just updated 112 packages, and now my fc10 list is down to 57.
Getting there!  I should probably reboot since I've changed the system
quite a bit.

Thanks,
Reid