Want to Crash your X Server?

Cry cry_regarder at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 15:50:20 UTC 2009

Running fully update rawhide, with Desktop Effects turned on and Q965 Video,
opening the link below (evince from Firefox), results in an almost instant crash
of X and a return to the login screen.

http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost.pdf

The really annoying thing is that there was no window manager running when I
logged back in!  My top menu bar was covered by unmoveable windows.  Fortunately
I was able to reach my bottom menu bar (gnome) to add the start menu and use
that to disable desktop effects and then reenable.

Posting here since there seemed to be a quest for URLs that crashed the desktop.

Don't think this is a new bug.