Header files for Virtualbox 2.2.2 ?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed May 27 08:32:28 UTC 2009

On 27.05.2009 09:58, Liam wrote:
> Thomas C Gilliard :
>> I am trying to install virtualbox 2.2.2 on Fedora 11 upgraded from
>> Fedora Preview.
>> I am using 2.6.29.3-155.fe11.i586.PAE kernel
                            ^   ^^^^^^^^
Such a kernel does not exist. I guess it's fc11 and i686.PAE?

>> both VMPlayer and Virtualbox cannot find and compile header files to match.
>> (installed kdms)
> Did you try this?
> 1. make sure the kennel version is the same with kernel-headers
> 2. yum install kernel-headers kernel-devel gcc
>
> hope that will help :)

Not if it's really the PAE-Kernel:

http://thorstenl.blogspot.com/2009/05/fedora-11-kernel-pae-and-what-it-means.html

Ohh, and kernel-headers should normally not be needed to compile kernel
modules. So a simple

 yum install kernel-PAE-devel gcc

should do the trick. And BTW: RPM Fusion offers the OSE-Variant of
virtualbox, which might be easier to install and setup ;-)

CU
knurd