One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 28 18:11:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 14:40 -0300, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> the anaconda storage is very buggy since fc11 beta 2
>
> this really need's to be fixed.

That's...not a very useful statement. It's been buggy ever since it was
*completely rewritten* for the Fedora 11 cycle. Both the Anaconda
developers and the QA team are perfectly well aware of this; rewriting
such a fundamental chunk of code is _always_ going to introduce new
bugs, we knew this before the project was ever initiated. But we still
needed to rewrite the code, so there was nothing else to do.

Just saying "it's buggy, fix it!" doesn't help anyone. We know it's
buggy. We're working very hard on fixing it. Constructive input would be
one of:

1) reporting specific failures, with full information on them, and being
available to provide any further information and testing required
2) contributing fixes
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey