Help testing latest abrt-0.0.10-12.fc12

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Tue Nov 3 16:37:28 UTC 2009

On 11/03/2009 04:34 AM, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>>> 3. Introduce an unhandled python exception, and see if it catches
>>> it - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_ABRT_python
>>
>> got the crash...abrt didn't budge.
>>

> Maybe the old config file /etc/abrt/abrt.conf it should read:
>
> EnabledPlugins = SQLite3, CCpp, Logger, Bugzilla, Python
>
> You can try to run abrtd -d from console and watch for
> abrtd: Plugin Python (0.0.1) succesfully loaded and check if you have
> abrt-addon-python installed (this should be pulled in by abrt-desktop):
>
> rpm -q abrt-addon-python

<snip>
$ sudo cat /etc/abrt/abrt.conf
# test conf file. it will be generated in the future

# common abrt settings
[ Common ]
# With this option set to "yes",
# only crashes in signed packages will be analyzed.
OpenGPGCheck = no
# GPG keys
OpenGPGPublicKeys = /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
# blacklisted packages
BlackList = nspluginwrapper
# enabled plugins
# there has to be exactly one database plugin
EnabledPlugins = SQLite3, CCpp, Logger, Kerneloops, KerneloopsScanner,
KerneloopsReporter, Bugzilla, Python
# Database
Database = SQLite3
# max size for crash storage [MiB]
MaxCrashReportsSize = 1000
# vector of actions and reporters which are activated immediately after
a crash occurs
# ActionsAndReporters = Mailx("[abrt] new crash was detected")

# reporters association with analyzers
[ AnalyzerActionsAndReporters ]
Kerneloops = KerneloopsReporter
CCpp = Bugzilla, Logger
Python = Bugzilla, Logger
# CCpp : xorg-x11-apps = RunApp("date", "RunApp")

# repeated calling of Action plugins
[ Cron ]
# h:m - at h:m an action plugin is activated
# s - every s seconds is an action plugin activated
# Disable kerneloops since it's not part of default install
#120 = KerneloopsScanner

$ rpm -q abrt-addon-python
abrt-addon-python-0.0.10-12.fc12.x86_64

Reran the test case using sudo vice su -

$ python /usr/share/doc/smolt-1.?/lite2my.py
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/abrt_exception_handler.py",
line 240, in <lambda>
     handleMyException((etype, value, tb))
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/abrt_exception_handler.py",
line 217, in handleMyException
     while trace.tb_next:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tb_next'

Original exception was:
   File "/usr/share/doc/smolt-1.4/lite2my.py", line 2
     "11" + 11
     ^

abrt still did not record above crash.