[Test-Announce] Upcoming Fedora12 RC install test

Liam lili at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 09:42:43 UTC 2009

On 11/05/2009 01:20 PM, shmuel siegel wrote:

> A few comments on the install.
> On the bad side
> 1)I386 dvd Installation without fedora repository failed because it was
> missing jwhois
> 2)Installation with dvd and fedora repository failed - could be faulty
> media but
> a) why wasn't I given the option to continue - module was not critical
> (some palm-pilot module)
even the module is not critical, it's not a good choice to continue the
installation.The installer should guarantee that the system is correctly
and completely installed

> b) why wasn't the fedora repository used as a backup for unreadable file

when you install with DVD, you can select additional repository and
specify it as a mirror list. Or if you are not confident about your
physical media,please use anaconda to check on stage 1.
> 3) Installed fedora release notes for fedora 10

please file a bug against this

> On the good side
> 1) Broadcom network wireless "just worked"
> 2) Even though I did an install with erase of root partition it picked
> up my passwords from home partition so that it can connect to encrypted
> wireless network (prompted for key ring)

Thanks for your feedback! :)
Liam