How to update to a default install (was:Re: As of F12 RC3 my printer model is still not shown)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Nov 11 05:50:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 06:07 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
> i had tiis problem too, and istalling foomatic fixed it. maybe
> foomatic was too big to include in live cd?

I had the same experience too, with the same printer using a LiveCD.

This come's back to a questions I asked recently, but to which no answer
was forthcoming.

Is there a command I can run that will 'update' a LiveCD installed to a
default install (based off of a DVD/CD Set) that will bring my newly
installed system up to speed?

This would be a awesome feature (instead of having to poke around and
figure out what I'm missing from a 'normal' install.

Rodd