Johns thoughts on F13

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 24 08:05:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:42:31PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> I hadn't planned on using F13, but I decided it would be handy to have a
> 2 Installing stuff I don't want. How hard must it be to do something
> equivalent to a ubuntu "server" install, with absolutely no GUI stuff,
> especially xorg GUI stuff with Gnome, KDE, XFCE and all the rest?

It's easy, but....

IIRC, one of the *kit packages will be included and pull in X.  The
trick is that one must uncheck EVERYTHING, including what is in the Base
section--that is, uncheck Base System as well.

Also, one has to be careful and be sure to uncheck cups in the server
section.

HTH.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Hi, for those of you who just tuned in,
everyone here is a crazy person.